Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pap-Paw's Gifts

Pap-Paw has been busy and made you some very special gifts for Christmas and your birthday.  They each came with sweet little messages he wrote just for you.  We will treasure them forever, and I hope that you will be able to pass them on to your own children one day.  

Mommy found this table and chairs online at an antique store in Pennsylvania believe it or not.  All of the details on getting it here and on Pap-Paw and Nana's doorstep at 4 in the morning came together perfectly like it was meant to be.  He put many hours in to make sure it was just right, and it turned out to be a beautiful Christmas present. 
 You eat at it everyday and always make sure one of your babies is in the chair next to you.  It is also a big hit when your little friends come over to play. 

Here you are saying "ccchheesse!" with a mouth full of strawberries.

 These are the looks I got when I asked you to get your hand out of the blueberries.  I call them the "stank-eye," the mischievous "what are you going to do to me if I don't," and the "You're silly Baba" which is what you told me after you took your hand out.  Oh me.....life with a two year old!
And yes you insisted on eating them with a spoon!


Mommy saw these wooden rulers online and put Pap-Paw to work for your birthday.  I love that we will get to watch how you and your future siblings grow throughout the coming years.  
His note to you on the back is something that we all wish for you my precious girl. 

 For your birthday Pap-Paw also made this step stool.  This is one of my Mommy's favorites because I no longer have to hold you up while you wash your hands, and you can stand there as long as you want to. 
 It also has come in handy for those of us who are vertically challenged when trying to reach things in the top cabinets. 


 "Wash my hands, wash my hands"  is what you say over and over.  
Then when you're finished you'll say, "Allllll done!"

As always, the pictures don't do them the justice they deserve, but each piece is really beautiful.  We thank you Pap-Paw from the bottom of our hearts for all of your hard work.  They are unique and one of a kind gifts that mean the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment