Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Inner Martha Stewart???!!!!

I've embraced my inner Martha Stewart this summer.  Scary....... I know!  I may not be a pro, but I have had fun doing it.  I have found that becoming a stay at home Mom hasn't been the easiest of transitions for me so I've decided to become crafty.  Or at least as crafty as I am capable.  :)   Don't get me wrong, I am beyond blessed to be able to stay at home with Abby because that's where I want to be.  And I thank John so much for going to work everyday so that I can.  But like many women who have been in the working world full time there are some days in between changing diapers, pumping, washing bottles, cleaning house, grocery shopping,  where I do miss it.  I have decided though that I have the sweetest patient to take care of that pays me daily with toothless smiles and endless love.  What more could I ask for, right??  

With all that said here are some of my "creative outlets."
 

Example #1:  A Florist
My Mom and I helped host a shower for my "best friend since Kindergarten" Courtney and her lucky groom Clay.  We were in charge of the decorations, and if I do say so myself they turned out beautiful!


Example #2:  Baby Shower Host and Wreath Maker
In June I hosted a baby shower for my sister in law Tori.  Hayden Thomas was born on August 5th weighing in at 11+ pounds.  I decided to try making a diaper wreath and for my first attempt I was impressed with myself.  Thanks Mom for your help with everything!
I made the little diaper cake too with the leftovers.


Example #3:  Little Hairbow Maker
I watched a YouTube video on how to make no sew hairbows.  Using only a hot glue gun (my new favorite toy) and some extra ribbon I had, I decided to give it a shot.  I don't think they turned out too bad.  Now Abby just needs to grow some longer hair.  I'm thinking I'm going to attempt some of the more complicated kind next!


My early birthday and Christmas present should arrive this week, and I'm super excited!  A brother sewing machine.  Do I know how to sew?  Why heck no!  But can I learn and make some really cute things?  YES!!  
Just a warning to all.....expect your Christmas presents to be monogrammed and/or appliqued with love. 

Love,
Martha Wannabe


2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love it all!!! I think you did a fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..you did a great job! I'm so proud of you Martha and can't wait to check out what you can do on that machine. I've had a great time being your assistant and often wonder why we didn't do this earlier?? God knew just the right time to give us a new gift to share together..one that fills a void in our lives and hey...we are making different memories that I will treasure with all my heart...Luv you Honey aka Martha Honey Bunch!! Mom

    ReplyDelete